Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ducks Win??? and Septic Systems!

So last weekend Tom and the two older boys went to Oregon to see the Oregon Ducks trample our poor-poor Cougars. Just wait for next year - we'll get 'em! The guys had a great time visiting Uncle Paul. They got to go for a nature walk and saw some awsome waterfalls. Keaton was especially impressed by one that you could walk behind into a cave. At the football game, Preston and Keaton had standing-room only tickets. They had a hard time watching the first part of the game as the Duck fans crowded the view. By the second half, though, they had a great view because the Cougs were so far behind nobody stuck around to watch the rest of the game. Tom and Paul had seats and the seat next to Tom was empty for a short time. Evidently at some time during the game a gal came and sat next to him and was being very friendly(: I think it was flattering for him. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY, TOM!!!
Winston and I had the house to ourselves for the weekend. We enjoyed playing some games together. We wore our pajamas all day Friday and ate Chicken Nuggets and French Fries ( His favorites! ). On Saturday we had an in-depth discussion about where the "stuff" in the toilet goes when you flush. I explained to him what a septic tank was and where it is. He went to the window and pointed right to the place - smart kid. Then he surprised me with a complete picture that he drew of a house, toilets, waterpipes and a big square septic tank under the ground near the house. He even detailed what was in the septic tank. (Really smart kid!) His therapist was impressed! She said it is obvious that he is going to be an engineer one day.
WINSTON'S SEPTIC TANK

3 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Winston's picture! That is SO great! What an awesome kid! Nels and I get such a kick out him. I keep trying to figure out how we can come visit you guys again this winter. We've had such a great time all the times we've come, I'd really like to be able to visit more often...maybe we'll figure something out!

Melyni + Alma said...

Winston's picture is GREAT!! He really is a smart and funny kid but all your kids (my nephews)are!

Kendall said...

That's a funny picture. Winston is a funny little boy. Tyra still talks about seeing him. I know we will be in Northen Idaho for Thanksgiving. If you guys are going to be home maybe we will stop and you all. I guess it all depends on what everyones plans are.