Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Family Life for Us!

I'm trying to keep up with this blog about once a week - although not much happens on some weeks. This is one of those weeks. So I'll just re-cap what we've been up to. Keaton recently finished his Jr. High Football season. His team won every game, finishing the season with a 6-0 record. He got to sign the game ball along with the team and it now sits in the Jr. High trophy case. It's kind of cool getting to walk into the school and see his name in there. He also got to participate in the Mass Band Festival. That is where school bands from all over the state get together and learn from college and professional orchestra members and conductors. This year they did the "Halo" soundtrack. He had a lot of fun and enjoyed learning from the greats. The only mishap was that he dripped catchup on his white shirt during lunch - which was before the concert took place - so he had to wear a dirty shirt through the whole thing.
****************************************************
Preston has been continuing with Driver's Ed. He gets to drive at least once, sometimes twice a week with his instructor. He even got some night driving in with his Dad. I think things are coming along with all that. We had to pay the Driver's Ed fee the other day - ouch! But at least it's done. He has another month-and-a-half of class and he'll be ready to take the State Driving test.
*****************************************************
Winston has had an off-week this week. I think it was because of the time change. He was just kind of hyper and very stressed at school. After a couple of days if it, I decided to make him go to bed an hour early and that seemed to be his reset button. The next two days went well for him. Especially since Tom and I went into school to observe his behavior during circle time. He was an angel then - of course! Lately his favorite thing to say is "I don't know". He says that to just about every question we ask. I think his mind has been too busy to formulate an answer, so it's easier for him to just say "I don't know."
******************************************
Tom and I have been fighting colds - 'tis the season. Now Preston has one. Besides that, Tom's been moved to a new shop at work - even though he still has the same job. He got a new desk and everything. He also got to do some 'up high' work at the Colliseum last week - which he is glad is over. I've been working hard at the preschool. Not too much longer then it's on to Mom & Dad's place for Thanksgiving. We'll also get a Moores visit down Boise way while were there, too.
****************Sorry this is so long - no pictures this week. It's our life as we know it!

No comments: