Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Break - Give Me a Break!

I just noticed that it was the 28th of February when I last posted. I started blogging instead of doing newsletters because I thought it would be easier for me to keep up with - hah! It just seems I never have time to sit down and get these things done. This probably won't be much of a post, but I'll do my best to update you on our doings.... We were going to go to Utah for Spring Break but because of the weather - still snowing off and on here - and because of the price of gas - uuuuugggggg! We decided to go to the beach instead. We thought, yeah, a nice relaxing time at the coast, just being a family, not spending much money, just enjoying each other. We found a really nice rental house. It was small, but very nice. It had two bedrooms and two bathrooms. One of the bathrooms had a steam-room shower. It was huge! We also had a great view of the ocean and it was very affordable. We really enjoyed about the first two days on the beach, finding agates and shells and checking out the sea life in the tide pools. Then Winston got very ill. I'm sure it was some type of flu (which has been going around here at home). He was sick for days. He spent the rest of our vacation holed up in our bedroom, not moving much and not eating much. It was bad. Keaton felt ill, but not nearly as bad as Winston. Then Preston got it! He even missed two days of school and a track meet when we got home. I hope we are out of the woods with that bug. Other than the sickness - we did get some nice visiting time in with Tom's grandparents, Uncle Paul and family, and we got to spend a day at the zoo in Portland with Levi & Kadie (We also got to see their home and visit with the 'kids' Ruby, Lola and Kylo. They were so cute!). Now we're back at home - back at work - back at school - and counting the days to Summer Vacation!

No comments: