Saturday, July 19, 2008

I Killed the Maytag.

My 2-year-old washing machine died on Thursday. We thought we were so clever to buy a Maytag two years ago. Now we aren't so sure. Actually, what went wrong isn't so much a big deal, just a little pulley, but you can't buy just a little pulley to replace it. You have to buy the whole motor assembly, which costs $130 - almost half the price we paid for the whole machine new. They get you coming and going now days. So Tom has tried some 'mickey mouse' work on it. It worked for a little bit, but now the bearings are popping out. The part to fix that is $75 bucks. I'm about to pull my hair out about it. I've been washing the clothes in the Kitchen sink (not an easy task when you have a 5 year old who digs holes in the yard with the dogs). Tom says if this ever happens again, he's just going to buy a new machine. I think that's what the Maytag people would like. There's still time, it's not fixed yet. I may have a new machine before the next week is out.

No comments: