Are we really half-way through November? Where has the time gone? Winston and I got to play 'hooky' from school yesterday. He woke up with a really red eye and it was really gunky - not a pretty picture. So when we got to school I took him to the school nurse and she said 'Yep, Pink-eye'. So we got to come back home. I felt sorry for my sub - she didn't have any advanced warning that I wouldn't be there. Then I got to take Winston to the doctor to have his eye checked. Keaton had already scheduled an appointment for himself to get a sports physical (wrestling is coming up) so we just jumped in with him to see the doctor. The doctor said it was not pink-eye, just a cold in his eye (yay!). So today he got to go back to school. It was nice, though, to have an unexpected few hours at home. I got a few more of my 2007 scrapbook pages done. Five more to go and then I can start on 2008!
*
We had a really nice time for Halloween. We invited our good friends, Rob and Janelle and their family, to spend the night here at our place. We played lots of games - pool, foosball, a board game & Tom tortured them with his silly little party games. The kids had fun running around the place and eating lots of sugary junk food, and drinking pop. We were up until the wee hours of the morning - probably just from the sugar high. We made home-made rootbeer for the first time. That was a blast! It's so cool when you first put the dry ice into the rootbeer. We had fog all over the kitchen floor. The kids loved it!
*
Tom got to spend a few days over in Oregon hunting with his brother, Paul. While he was gone the boys and I enjoyed just relaxing around the house. Tom didn't get anything - they were hunting for birds. I think he doesn't want to have to clean them, so he doesn't shoot any (or else he misses on purpose).
*
Preston still has not passed driver's ed. We had to have his permit renewed, and he's still driving with his instructor, but he can't take the car out on his own yet. So the roads are still safe a little while longer. But watch out come spring! Then Keaton will be in driver's ed, too. We are getting ready to place bets on which one of the boys will finish first - ha ha!
*
So far our Thanksgiving plans are to go to Tom's grandparent's house. I offered to cook dinner, but I don't know yet if they will take me up on that offer or not. Marcia will be there, too, so I'm sure there will be plenty of us to put a meal together. It will be good to see some of Tom's family that we haven't seen in a while. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving - Hurray for the pumpkin pie!
No comments:
Post a Comment