I am finally... finally officially on Summer Vacation. The kids still have two more weeks left, but I'm done working until next fall. Yay! I plan on keeping up with my flower beds, scrapbooking and doing some reading this summer - on top of all the other activities that go on every summer.
*
A little over a week ago Winston broke out in a terrible rash that covered the lower part of his face. It was really bad - just a mess. After having our doctor check it out, we found out it was a 'soft tissue infection' which is a fancy way of saying he had a staph infection. He had to be on really strong antibiotics and couldn't go to school for seven days. Tom and I were trying to figure out how to juggle our work schedules so someone could be home with him. Thankfully, Grandma Moore arrived and saved the day! Winston's first day back to school was Friday and I think he was glad to be getting back to the routine. He is doing well, still a bit red, but I think it's finally going away. We hope so, anyway.
*
The older boys are really looking forward to the end of school and a start to their summer. They had the school picnic the other day and enjoyed playing dodge ball against some of their teachers. Preston is officially done with track now. He placed 8th at Districts in the Triple. In order to go to State he had to place 7th or better. Maybe next year. Keaton has been doing a lot around here, helping his Dad with his various never-ending projects.
*
Tom's projects: he recently became the proud Papa of 22 little baby pheasants. He's raising them to let loose in the wild. They are really cute, but kind of a nuisance to take care of. Their environment has to stay a certain temperature, so he marches out to their pen at different hours to check and turn on heat lamps or turn them off. So far we've only lost one because it got too cold. Another project - he started up the remodel on the upstairs bathroom again. The shower base is in, lights are in, outlets are in. Now we need to sheetrock and start prepping to get the tile in. It's really looking great, in a mid-construction sort of way. The never-ending project: mowing the lawn (with 3 acres of grass, it takes a while) he loves this part of the job, though. We also got our garden in and our flower beds straightened up. It's looking so nice. The Lilacs are blooming and it smells great - and it's nice to sit on the patio and listen to the bees humming.
*
As for me, I finished off my school year subbing in the solution room yesterday. It's kind of the detention/study hall. Most of the kids in there were around Jr. High age. Talk about mouthy kids - I spent most of the day telling them to sit down and be quiet over and over and over again. I'm glad that's done. It makes me thankful for my boys, and although they aren't perfectly behaved at all times, at least they know to show respect to others. I couldn't ask for better kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment