Thursday, March 11, 2010

Catchin' Up On Some Oldies:

LEAVENWORTH WA, 2010!
Just a few pictures from our trip to Leavenworth in January. I'm just now getting around to getting them posted. We really enjoyed our little overnight trip up there. It's a little 'Bavarian' town (tourist stop... hee-hee). But it is very quaint, with lots of artists shops and neat things to see. There was a little sledding hill with lots of kids sledding on it and there were ice sculptures. They also had horse-drawn carriages and dog sleds that you could rent by the half-hour or so. We didn't actually stay the night there, it was a bit spendy. We stayed in Wenatchee. But we did spend most of the day in Leavenworth, having a picnic lunch in the car on account of the rain.
I was hoping to get to see more of the mountains that overlook the town, but it was too foggy. I plan on making Tom take me back on a day that is much nicer! They have an amphitheater that puts on the "Sound of Music" play every summer so maybe I'll have to convince him that it would be a good idea to go see it.
They have a really BIG Christmas store and a store with all kinds of Nutcrackers in it. There's also lots of toy stores and candy and CHOCOLATE stores. There was also a nice river walk path that we took, although it was covered with snow. It wasn't so bad except I wasn't really dressed for hiking. It was a good thing I have all boys to help escort me, with my slippery boots!
We had waaayyyy to much fun in the hat store, as you can see...
Winston was so, so, so excited to get to stay in a motel. It is the first motel that he can remember staying in. I think the last time we stayed in a motel was when he was about 2 years old. He just thought it was sooo cool - and he was sooo hyper! You can't tell by the picture, can you?
It was all great fun. We all got something out of it. I got to see some of the natural mountain beauty (what I could see of it). The older boys got pizza for dinner. Tom got his nature walk (even though he and the boys had to drag me through two feet of snow) and Winston got to stay in a Motel. What more could we ask for in a family outing?

No comments: