We Survived Graduation!!!
One down, two more to go! We had a busy couple of weeks before and after Preston's graduation. There were lots of things for him (and us) to do, between Senior presentations, getting checked out of high school, getting registered at WSU... the list goes on and on. But we got through it. We got to enjoy lots of company to celebrate our First Son's big day, most of our Chick relatives came, and Grandma Marcia was here. It was a great time.
Preston walked the isle with his best friend, Seth. They've been buddies since the fifth grade. I think they are going to miss getting to see each other every day at school. I did pretty good until this moment came. I did shed a bit of a tear when Preston walked the isle. I couldn't help it - it's that darn music, "Pomp and Circumstance". I think it's a set-up to get Mom's weepy. Of course, I had to wipe my eye again when he got his diploma, too. So I guess it wasn't just the music.
It's so hard to believe our little boy - who just yesterday was running around the yard being followed by his puppy, Oreo; who was making train tracks out of legos on the living room floor; who loved playing Mario Brothers with his younger brother, Keaton - has grown into such a fine young man. Tom and I are reeling, every day, from the idea that time had gone so fast. We are confident he will do well with his future, whatever it holds.
The Man of the Hour - with his Mama and Aunties!
1 comment:
CONGRATUALTIONS...one down, two to go!
Post a Comment