I was a little nervous about the road through there as everyone kept telling me stories about the 'Highway to the Sun' being really scary. But it wasn't so bad. It probably helped that we were heading down the hill and were on the inside lane, next to the mountain - not on the cliff edge.
It's definitely some place I'd like to come back to and spend more time exploring. I'd like to bring the older boys. They'd really enjoy it, too. We didn't see any wild animals. I think there were just too many people - so the animals were keeping a low profile.
Winston called this his "Bed Rock". I love how clear and blue the water was in the streams and lakes. We didn't get the chance to get down to the water to see how cold it was. There were some people swimming in it. We saw one man dip into a waterfall, but he came back out real fast, like his breath was taken away - so it must have been pretty cold!
Just awesome, beautiful crystal clear water.
These were the vehicles they were taking people around in to tour the park. It was cool to see them driving around on the mountain roads. They had just got finished polishing this one up, so I told Winston "Don't Touch It!" when we took this picture.
We stopped at a vistor's center-gift shop and got a couple of souvenirs. Winston got this cute little wolf cub. He named it 'Loup', which is 'wolf' in French. Loup kept us company on the way home and got quite rowdy the closer we got to home. He certainly added entertainment to the trip!






No comments:
Post a Comment