Thursday, August 5, 2010

Just Some Random Thoughts...


I think they put Mind Altering Chemicals in Pine Sol.  There's just something about that smell... some people really don't like it.  To tell you the truth, it's my favorite cleaner, because of the smell.  Whenever I'm having a 'Down-in-the-dump' day and don't feel like doing anything this stuff seems to pick me right up and get me going when I pour a little in the kitchen sink and use it to mop the floor or wipe down the cabinets.  It actually makes me feel like cleaning.  Maybe I'm just weird, but it always has that effect on me.  So don't get any mental images of me 'sniffing' Pine Sol when I'm depressed - I haven't gone that far.  It was just an observation that I made as I was using it to clean yesterday.  And with a lack of anything interesting to post about lately, this seemed the most interesting thing that has popped into my head lately (sad, I know.)
*
Keaton is off to Year Book Camp where he will learn all kinds of interesting things for the Year Book Class this year.  With him has gone my camera, so I haven't been able to take any pictures for the past couple of days to add to my blog.  The only other kids from his school that went this year were two girls from his class.  So it should be an interesting trip for him as they will be doing the majority of the planning for the upcoming yearbook for this school year. 
*
Winston has been in the dirt, dirt, dirt.  He's also been playing hard with Rosey, chasing the chickens around, and finding and playing with toads.  I found him sitting out on the patio the other evening holding an enormous toad.  It took a lot of convincing that he needed to let the poor thing go.  He's convinced that he needs it for a pet.  He keeps looking for it to show up again.  I keep looking to make sure he doesn't try to hide it in the house somewhere.
*
Preston gets home next Sunday!  Yay!  The house will be full again!  Then school will be starting soon.  It looks like I will have a little bit of work coming in at the beginning of the school year.  I'll take what I can get.  We'll see what the rest of the year brings.  Well, these are my random thoughts for today... the only other thing is that today was the hottest day we've had yet.  I think it reached 100 today.  So here's a little something I found that made me feel a little cooler, maybe it will make you feel cooler too, wouldn't it be lovely to take a dip?

2 comments:

Melyni + Alma said...

Oh come on Tracy, I know you have your bottle of Pine Sol with you all day disquised with a brown paper bag. Sniff away! Just playing. I like that smell too!

Sounds like the Boys are having a good summer!!

Rachel Chick said...

Ah. Pine-sol has the exact same effect on me! :) Nels hates the smell, by the way. But I don't really care that much about his noggin. :)

I love your picture. :) It was pretty hot here too. Idaho always has such interesting weather. Either your burning up or freezing. Not much in between.

Hope you have a good day!