Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Palouse Treasure Hunt!

Today was the Palouse City Wide Yard Sales.  It's our favorite yard sales of the year.  They always have a bunch, sometimes as many as 30 yardsales going on in the town.  We usually find the best bargains ever there.  It's a lot like treasure hunting!  Even Tom gets into it - and it's hard to get him excited about yard sales.  So here's what we found....

Folding Chairs:  This is only half of them in the picture.  We got 16 in all, almost new condition - just a little dusty.  It was an awesome deal - Tom really talked the guy into practically giving them away.

This little desk will become my new sewing cabinet.  I've been looking for something that I like and that will work for my new sewing room (which I will post about when I am finished with it).  This little piece of furniture is exactly what I've been looking for!  And it matches, exactly, the little cabinet I already have.

This was my 50cent bargain.  Mom told me about this book and said if I ever got the chance to read it, I should.  So when I saw it sitting there, I couldn't help myself and I grabbed it.  Now I have no excuse but to read it.

This was our other awesome bargain.  23 heavy-duty steak plates, 20 heavy-duty stacking cups, 9 small cups, 6 large tulip sundae glasses, 4 small tulip sundae glasses and 3 squeeze bottles.  All from a restaurant going out of business.  We really should have bought more while we were there... there were some really, really, really good buys.  But this was all I figured I could find room for in my cupboards.

An electric heated water dish for the chickens this winter... so their water won't freeze.  We've been talking about what to do for them, now the problem has been solved!

And last but not least, you can't go yard sale-ing without trying to eke out a freebie here or there.  Here's Winston's freebie... the lady at the Restaurant that was going out of business gave him a bouncy ball for free.  He's pretty proud of himself about that one!

We saw lots of BIG items we liked, but there was no way we could pack them home... and were beyond the yard sale budget for this year.  One of which was a cute little vintage Datsun convertible.  Winston loved it, saying "Look Dad, it's a little car!"  We also found a really nice Jeep for sale - and had to pass it by.  But after all our Mad Morning Mayhem, like Winston, we're pretty proud of our loot too!  Until Next Year Palouse!

2 comments:

Melyni + Alma said...

WOW!!! You got some great stuff!! I like yard sale-ing too!!

Rachel Chick said...

How awesome! I love your new desk! I have a dresser exactly that style in the girls' bedroom. So pretty! Way to go!