It has been a very long day. I should be in bed right now instead of blogging. It started at 2:45 a.m. when three teenage mutant ninja racoons decided to have a quarrel over the cat food right outside my bedroom window. There was a lot of growling and snarling going on. Tom got up and shoo-ed them off the porch and put the cat food inside. Then they came back onto the porch and fought over the 'crumbs' of cat food that were left behind. After that they ran over to the other porch and got the dogs all excited. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and did some reading. I should have tried harder to get back to sleep.
Got Tom off to work and I tried to sleep then, but the dogs kept running around barking. I did get about a half-hour 'nap' in before I had to get up and get myself ready for work. At work we made good progress on the science kits, so that was good. But I did put a full eight hours in, taking only about 15 minutes for lunch. Thankfully it shouldn't take us too much longer to finish and we'll have the rest of the week to relax.
Got home just shortly before Tom. We were sitting on the porch and I noticed one of my chickens was acting kind of 'funky' like it wasn't feeling well. I thought maybe it was dehydrated, so I tried to get it to drink some water. By the way it was acting, I got a little suspicious and decided to google and find out what was wrong. It turned out she was 'egg-bound', which isn't good - can be lethal. She couldn't get the eggs out. Suffice it to say, I found out how to 'help' her with her problem. It wasn't a pleasant experience for her, me or Keaton (my assistant). She did let go two eggs and is feeling much better now. (I know - this is all probably WAY too much information, but this is what I had to deal with today.)
Then after playing vet, I got to cook dinner and do dishes and all the fun things mommies get to do with their day and now I am sharing it with you over the World Wide Web. I think it is time for me to go and take that nightly nap - maybe I'll get to sleep all night and tomorrow won't be quite so eventful. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment