We've been plugging away here. Work has been going well for me. They are changing my schedule a little bit, but I'll have the same amount of hours so I don't mind. Working with Kindergarteners is CRAZY! I love doing the reading testing though. Preston has been working hard. Had some pretty wild math last week, and his teacher is giving them a break the rest of this week. He's glad for that. Keaton is a camp counselor at Camp Grizzly. It's a camp field drip the school does for the 6th Grade. He's been there since Tuesday night and won't be home until Friday night. He really likes doing it - and probably will get chosen to be the 'Camp Goombah' again this year. He's just kooky enough to make it work. Tom has been enjoying a somewhat quiet week at work, thank goodness. He needs it after how crazy it was last week.
Our excitement for the week has been that we saw a black bear, up the road from our house! We were driving home last night and it crossed the road in front of us. Tom chased it (in our car) until it ran into a wooded draw. It's the first bear we've seen since we've lived here, although we've heard of a couple of sightings in the area in the past.
Today I went out to lunch with a good friend of mine. We went to Moscow to a little bagel shop downtown. It was awesome! They make bagel sandwiches there and it was soooo good! It's a cute little shop, with brick walls and psychadelic posters, and they were playing REM on the sound system. Then we walked through a couple of the downtown shops. We went into Gem State Crystals, Inc. and I found the cutest little rock beads shaped like animals. They are very tiny, made out of rose quartz (frog), hematite (hippo), red jasper (buffalo) and aventurine (bear). I bought them and now they live on my kitchen window sill. See...

No comments:
Post a Comment