Friday, November 5, 2010

What's Up Butter-Cup?

It's been a couple of days since I posted.  There hasn't been anything too exciting happening around here this week, so I'm not sure I should even post.  I have some pictures from Preston's Photo Essay that he did for Geology class.  There are some nice pictures and I want to post them - but Preston said I have to wait until his Professor grades it.  So who knows when that will happen. 
***
Tom took me out for lunch yesterday (Yay!) after I got off work.  We went to a Hawaiian BBQ place called 'LocoGrinzs'  It was pretty good.  I was hoping for more native Hawaiian food, like we had when we bought a plate lunch in Kauai.  This was more 'California' style Hawaiian food.  Their BBQ chicken was really good.  We also had coconut shrimp with Thai peanut sauce, mac salad, rice and veggies.  Then we went to the BRAND NEW Walmart (Yay! we have one close to home finally!) and bought some fruits and veggies for home.  That was a date... and I loved every minute of it.
***
Keaton has been busy with Jazz Band.  He went to a band competition at WSU the other day.  He also played at the volleyball game last night and now has to play for the football game tonight.  I'm glad he's finally driving himself to these functions.
***
Preston has been plugging away at school.  He's actually doing very well.  He ran out of work-study funds for his job, like most of the kids who worked on his shift.  But the athletic dept. decided to keep him on at minimum wage.  They laid a lot of the other guys off.  He's happy to have the work.  He'll be babysitting the stadium again tonight, and sleeping all day tomorrow.
***
Winston has been Winston.  We have parent teacher conferences next week.  It will be interesting to hear what his teachers have to say.  It will be particularly funny because one of his teachers is my supervisor at work.  He's been drawing a lot of bus pictures lately.  His biggest ambition for the future (as of lately) is that he wants to be a bus driver.  And not just any bus, but bus 24.  Hope it's still running by the time he can be hired.
***
Well, that's whats up with us - for now.

1 comment:

Kendall said...

Tyra told me she wanted to be a bus driver a couple of weeks ago. But that was before she went to the dentist. Now she wants to be a dentist.