We love our Thrifty Grandmother's Shop here. It is an organization that accepts donations of clothes and household items, cleans them up and sells them and gives the money back to the community in various ways. We love them just for that. But we also love to shop there. Sometimes you can find some really great bargains. That said, I thought I'd share my latest Grandma Shop treasures...
A cut crystal heart (please ignore the fingerprints) - I love these kinds of things. I put them in the window and they invite the rainbows in. I couldn't pass this little 'nick-nack' by so I brought it home with me (only 75 cents!). It seems to be a popular item here. It's not just Winston that likes it. Preston and Keaton can't seem to keep their hands off of it either!
Some pretty scarves... I was wanting something like this to wear to work in the cold weather. I was really happy to find these. I think they were about 50 cents each.
And of course books! They always have nice books there. Their children's books are 25 cents each. I'm constantly dragging books home to add to our library. (Don't tell Tom!)
I found a few other things, mostly clothing items. Most of their clothes run about $1.00, 25-50 cents for children's clothes. I don't make it in there every week, but when I do, I usually find something worth buying!



1 comment:
I love going to my local thrift shop. Almost always interesting stuff and wonderful prices. I think I need to go look for a pretty scarf next time.
Post a Comment