I would really like to go here someday...
mansionfloorplans.blogspot
One of my hobbies is looking at old architecture. I love to peruse the floor plans of old buildings, anything from Georgian rowhouses to turn of the century mansions. A few months ago I came across Biltmore in North Carolina. I am fascinated with this 'house' -studying the floor plans over and over. I would like to go and see it someday - not for it's opulence, which it definitely has, but more for all the intricacies of it's architecture. It is a massive and beautifully built piece of construction.
exquisite-design.com
One of my favorite features, beside the winding Italian staircase, is the Winter Garden. This room is totally enclosed in the house and open to the main hall. I like the lamps that hang from the glass ceiling. Wouldn't it be cool to have one of these in my house? Maybe I'd have better luck with keeping my plants alive!
sarajoaustin.com
The other feature I love about this place is the massive library. It's kind of two-storied. Look at all the books! I especially like the little spiral stair in the corner. I could live in a room like that!
nps.gov
One room that I really think is 'over-the-top' is the banquet hall. Although it looks awesome with it's three fireplaces and vaulted ceiling, I think it's a bit much. But I'd still like to see it.
I don't know if I'll ever make it to North Carolina, and the price for the tickets to visit Biltmore are pretty expensive, but a girl can dream can't she.
Thomas Kinkade print.





No comments:
Post a Comment