Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pulling Hair Out Over Homework!

Sometimes I just want to bang my head against the wall.  Helping Winston with his homework is that painful.  It's like drawing blood to get two pages of written work out of him.  And I'm not talking regular writing paper.  It's the easy lined with dotted line in the middle paper.  It took two hours to get it done.  Then Tom started helping with Math... it's taking forever again.  Tom says it's almost enough to send him to drink.  I really hope this is just an immaturity thing that he'll grow out of.  If not, I fear for his educational future.  Okay, there, I've vented my frustration.  Tom's still dealing with his - over coffee.

In other news, Preston came home from school and work today and let us know he was chosen to be one of the official 'Sandpit Rakers' for the WSU track team.  He's pretty excited about it.  They get to wear special 'jackets' and everything.  It may not seem like a glorious job, but it certainly beats cleaning out trash cans - which some other poor athletic department employee will get stuck with.  Preston is doing great with school.  He loves college.  He's even talking about doing a Summer Session.

Keaton is at another basketball game tonight, playing in the Jazz Band.  He is usually gone two or three times a week to games or doing yearbook stuff.  I think he enjoys getting to be with his friends while doing these activities.  The nice thing is that he can drive himself to each event.  He's such a busy boy!

Tom and I are really feeling our age.  With the weather doing weird things, it seems to affect our bodies in weird ways.  I've been trying to keep migraines at bay - again.  Tom has been battling a back that keeps wanting to go out.   It's the pits getting old.  We are sooooo ready for Spring to get here.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

I know the feeling. Except we are dealing with Tyra and eating. She drives us crazy.

katie said...

it takes us a long time to get homework done in our house too. urg!