Thursday, February 10, 2011

Grandma Shop Finds... and Horsechestnuts!


My latest Grandma Shop finds included this cute little baby toy ball.  The monkey makes funny sounds every time it moves.  I got it for a quarter!  We have a toy room (actually Winston's bedroom) and I collect toys for all ages to keep in it.  This one will add to the baby toy selection.

I also found this beautiful ceramic Japanese doll.  I couldn't pass it up.  This one is for you, Mom!  She's coming with me next time I visit.  Too bad the bunny-ears behind her won't be coming with me.

Winston found a Horse Chestnut at school last fall.  He's been dragging it all over the house all winter.  He wanted to plant it in a planter, but I didn't have any handy so I told him he'd have to wait.  The other day he came back from the barn with this old planter and a bunch of old dead leaves in it.  He said he planted the Horse Chestnut and put it in the window to grow.  I think I don't have to worry about having any Horse Chestnut trees yet.

No comments: