As Winston would say... 'Piscussting!'
More snow, yuck! About five minutes after I snapped this picture it started snowing again. And according to the radio, there's an 80 percent chance of snow through Thursday. Ugh! I'm hoping to skip out of here in a couple of weeks to go to South Idaho. If this weather keeps up, I might not get to. My car isn't set up for snow driving - Preston needs the Mountaineer to get to school. It was so lovely last week. Why couldn't it just stay that way? Maybe next week will be lovely again - I'm a dreamer.
My sick baby.
So for President's Day, Winston slept on the couch in and out of fevers. Preston went to join Keaton in Idaho at their friend Evan's house. There was some crazy space game competition going on between the three of them - it's a teenage boy thing. Tom had to work. (He gets every holiday off except President's Day). I puttered around the house, doing laundry and a little of this...
I've been wanting to try it, and the holiday gave me a day with little responsibilities so I took the time to do it. It's faux stained glass. It's just a piece of photo-frame glass. I used glue - white elmers with black paint in it for the leading. Then clear elmers to add the other paint colors to. It was a lot of fun, but very time consuming. Tom was impressed with it. I was impressed that it took very little glue and paint to do it. I'm thinking of trying another larger picture in the future.




4 comments:
Tracy your stain glass picture looks really cool. That would be a fun hobby.
That's awesome! It looks wonderful. You'll have to be sure to show us anymore that you do. Sorry about the snow . . . I'm sure that it will clear up by the time you head down. Spring always comes earlier to you guys.
That's really cool!! Sorry about the lame weather! I would say it's about the same here...but it's not. It's cold and rainy...but not too cold. You could get by with only wearing a jacket some days.
What a pretty idea and a nice way to add some color to a winter window!
Post a Comment