Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Clearing the Air...

Tom's car this morning...
Last night there was not one speck of snow on it.

This was at 7:00 this morning.  I took the truck to work.

Here's the kicker.  I've been planning for a month to go see my parents.  Things were looking really great about getting down to see them.  Then Old Man Winter decided to throw a curve ball.  I NEED to see my family.  I have been doing everything possible to make it happen.  Tom has been great about helping me make it happen, including buying studded tires for my car.  But even those will only go so far.  So... I will see what Old Man Winter has planned, and hopefully I can find a window of opportunity.

That has been my frustration.  I feel like I've been doing a pretty good job of keeping my chin up and staying positive (as best I can).

That being my frame of mind, there is something that has been digging into that positive attitude.  I don't usually write about these things, and I will probably wish I hadn't as soon as I submit it.  Here goes...

I do and say some really stupid things.  Sometimes those things offend people - it seems it's unavoidable.  I want to make it very clear to all who know me, I genuinely have a care and love for each and everyone I know.  Even those who may find it hard to love me back.  It pains me deeply to find that something I've said or done has hurt someone else.  Please know that I can't think of a time that there was ever that intention in my heart.  If at any time I have done so to you I appologize, please forgive me.  All I can say further is that I will try to learn from my mistakes.

My Little Ray of Sunshine
(who, by example, teaches me to love unconditionally every day)

3 comments:

Kendall said...

BOOO for snow! I don't like snow! I can't wait for good weather, at least we got a little taste of sunshine today. Hopefully you guys can make it.

katie said...

I do hope you get to come down. I guess to look at the snow in a positve way is just to think, I'd rather have it now then when it could ruin my garden!
As for sticking your foot in your mouth, I think that runs in the family. I do that often, and I don't mean too. And then the foot just gets lodged deeper as I try to remove it. It is a lose-lose situation for me. Often times, I just tell people ahead of time that I do that and that I don't mean to.
Keep your chin up. God has a plan for everything. If you can't make it, there probably is a Divine reason. (But I do hope you get to come.)

Rachel Chick said...

I really hope that you're able to make it. I really believe the crappy weather is going to clear up.

And you know, it's like my mom always says, some people seem to walk around through life with a big "kick me" sign on their back --- and they believe everyone is out to do just that. But you know what? They have to be responsible for their own feelings. Anyone that knows you,Tracy, would never believe that you willingly intended to ever offend them. Thats just not who you are. Let others be responsible for themselves and you just keep being the loving person that you are.