Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kiss Me ~ I'm Irish!

Well... maybe some diluted part of me is, anyway.

Usually for St. Patrick's Day we wear green and I make the traditional dinner.  That's about all we do.  But it's a dinner we all enjoy and look forward to.  Corned Beef, Colcannon, Cabbage... and of course the green Jello.  Yummm!  The boys had 7-Up and Tom and I had water to drink.  For anyone who might not know what Colcannon is, it's potatos, sausage and cabbage fried together.  Tom's on a heart-healthy diet, so he and I skipped the Colcannon this year.

Getting ready for the Corned Beef and Cabbage!

And I made this lovely little cake.  It's really quite tiny - but just enough for all of us to have a taste.

Yep!  It's "Rainbow" cake!
(It was an experiment that actually turned out great!)

2 comments:

katie said...

your dinner sounds like it was great. with all that was going on with victoria, i forgot all about having a special dinner for st. pat's day. but we made due, josh grilled hamburgers, and they were great! your cake looks soooo yummy! :)

Melyni + Alma said...

That cake looks amazing! Wish I could have come over for dinner.