Monday, April 4, 2011

FLOORS ARE DONE!!!!

...AND THEY'RE SO SHINEY!!!
Living Room... we went with a light cherry wood stain.  So far it's taken them three days to dry.  We are finally able to walk on them - but just a little bit.

And the den.
Now I get to do a lot of dusting in there!

On to the door frames (stripping, sanding, staining and varethan-ing).  Then we can sheet rock and panel.  We're going for an 'Early Craftsman' style that was popular around the turn of the century.  Our inspiration - Frank Lloyd Wright (Before his modern phase).  But it will definitely be a 'Tom & Tracy original'.  We'll see how it all turns out!

3 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, congratulations!!! They look fantastic!! What a lot of work, but such a satisfying payoff!

Kendall said...

I love the hard wood floors! You guys have so much ambition, wish I was that way. It's looking really good. I hope we get to see them in person some time soon.

katie said...

oh my gosh! they are beautiful! good job!:)