Just monkeying around!
I... AM... EXHAUSTED!
This remodel is really getting the better of Tom and I. It seems like we used to kick these projects out quick and easy. This one is taking FOREVER! And we are both aching, sore and grumpy. We've worked really hard the past couple of days, and feel like we've made very little progress. We do have sheetrock up in one corner of the living room. We also got all the door trim stripped, sanded and stained. (They do look awesome!) We found that the old wood from the door trims soaked up the cherry wood stain like crazy. So when we stained the new trim, it turned out a different color. That's when I had to enter my secret laboratory and mix up a concoction from three different stains to try to match it. What a pain, and what a mess. We're not entirely happy with the results... we're hoping it will grow on us. I will post pictures as soon as I can get them loaded on my laptop. Hopefully soon.
So glad tomorrow is Sunday and we can take a break from all of this. It would be nice to have my living room and den back... and bedroom back. It's looking like it will be at least another two weeks before that happens. That's our progress update.
Todays Grouchy Rabbit quote:
Money can't buy happiness,
but it can buy bubble wrap.
The boys and Dan McLeod going for a ride on Winston's bus!


No comments:
Post a Comment