Keaton... fighting with himself.
Summer vacation is finally here!!!! So I'm thinking a little relaxing is in order. My husband doesn't share that same objective. I'll relax on Monday.
Keaton took his first road trip this week. He loaded up his Geo Metro and headed for Emmett to visit with Mark & Carrie and kids. He got to go up to the Lusks' Cabin with them for the weekend. It sounds like he's enjoying his time there. I'm glad he made it okay - now he has to make it back home okay. (Can't help it - I'm a Mom).
Preston is off visiting a friend for the day. Tom is also visiting a friend - one who knows a lot about cars and is helping him replace a belt in the Oldsmobile. So it's just Winston and I and a long list of things that I need to get done today. One of our fun things will be going to the Grandma Shop. Winston LOVES the Grandma shop! The last time we went there together, this is what he ended up with...
It's kind of a funny story: On the way there he asked me if it would be okay if he picked out a toy. I said yes.
Then he asked, "Can it be any toy I want?"
I thought about how almost all of the toys are about 10 or 15 cents, so I said "Yes" again.
When we got there, Winston found a little wind-up boat that he could play with in the bathtub. It was 10 cents. I had noticed tucked away at the front of the store this enormous Hummer truck that was 2 dollars. I thought 'Wow, if Winston sees that, he's going to want it.' I quietly kept shopping. Winston followed me around talking about how great this little boat was, and how much fun he was going to have with it. He's really into the Titanic right now - so he had lots of plans for that little boat.
When it was time to go, we went up to the counter. The Hummer was behind us, kind of under a shelf-thing. Winston turned around and spied it. He went over and looked at it. Then he stood straight up and promptly said "I think I change my mind!"(Yes, he said "change" not "changed" - it's a hearing deficit thing. He drops the '-ed' and '-ing' every once and a while.)
He put the little boat back and came up and grabbed that huge truck and hauled it up to the check-out counter.
He said "I decided I want this instead."
I said "Yeah, I thought that was going to happen."
When I explained to the Grandmas there that I told him he could buy whatever toy he wanted today, they all got grins on their faces. The man in line next to me cracked up laughing.
So now I wonder what we'll be dragging home today. After Grandma shop we have some grocery shopping to do. I think I'll buy something for our anniversary dinner - since I don't think we'll have time for anything on our actual anniversary next week. We'll be too busy visiting! (wink-wink). Can't wait to see you all!


No comments:
Post a Comment