Thursday, June 2, 2011

Some kids...

Some kids just put away their toys...
...Winston puts away his chickens.


A little update:  The school year is draaaaaaging out.  One more week!  Yay!  I don't know who's happier, the kids or the teachers.  I am so ready for Summer vacation.  It looks like I've been RIF'ed for the coming school year.  I guess it will be back to subbing again for me.  Maybe something will open up when all the budget mess settles down.  I'm not really complaining - whatever will be, will be.

Keaton got his summer job working for a grain elevator/mill demolition crew.  He's going to have some hot long work days.  I think  he's happy about it because he'll be working with one of his friends.  He's also looking forward to getting a paycheck.  He has an opportunity for a job when school starts up again.  His senior project is in digital design, and he found a mentor at Cougar Graphics, the local printshop.  They will help him with his senior project and it will possibly work into a job for him there.  He's happy about that, because Graphic Design is what he's interested in as a career choice after college.

Preston has been working hard at the greenhouses.  It sounds like a nice crew that he works with.  His boss was nice enough to let him have time to come with us to Idaho this summer - and then on to Yellowstone.  He's excited to get to do that.  He has been wanting to go to Yellowstone for a while now.

Winston is doing well in school.  I can tell the school year is about over because he's just as hyped up as the rest of the kids.  He's looking forward to seeing his friends and cousins this summer.  I'm hoping to keep him up with his reading.  He's improved so much this year, I don't want him to slip back in his reading fluency over the summer.  We also need to keep working on practical math.  He does great with the complicated stuff - it's the simple stuff he struggles with.

Tom's keeping the grass mowed around here.  With all the rain we've been getting, it grows like crazy.  He's looking forward to a vacation too - and getting to see his family down in the Boise area.  That's all for now!

No comments: