Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Bucket List...

Last Summer
Winston with his cousins, Ani and Jack.
(I don't know about Ani, but the boys were pretending to be dogs.)

Even though my summer vacation hasn't officially started yet... waiting for Friday!... I thought I'd come up with some things I'd like to do before this Summer kicks-the-bucket.  So here's my list...

1.  Finish reading the Old Testament - really taking my time and
     study it.  This shouldn't be hard since I'm already in Ezekiel.

2.  Have a couple of playdates for Winston and some of his
     friends.

3.  Finish 3 T-shirt quilts.

4.  Learn to speak French.

5.  Continue with de-clutter and simplify mode on the house.

6.  Lose 20 pounds.

7.  Help Winston read for 30 minutes a day.

8.  Make another stained glass window panel.

9.  Travel to visit family

10.  In the evenings record five positive thoughts about the day
       in a journal.

That's it.  I think getting Winston to read every day and losing the 20 pounds will be the hardest.  Learning French might be a challenge too.  It's good to have a challenge.

In my last post I wrote about the lions and mosquitos.  Well, already I've had a couple of lions turn up, and the mosquitos are out in full force.  It really doesn't take satan long to find our weaknesses after a very spiritually uplifting weekend.  Thank goodness prayer is a most powerful spiritual bugspray.  I just need to make sure I apply it every morning, every night - and as needed throughout the day!

1 comment:

Melyni + Alma said...

Great list! I need to make one now.