Saturday, July 9, 2011

Summer Trip #9 - Chickmas #7: Miscellaneous Memories

I told you I had a lot of pictures.  And this is just half of our trip.  I thought I'd just put together a selection of random pictures I have from Chickmas to finish off, with a few memories scattered throughout.

Memory number one:  This was definitely the year of the 'knock-knock' jokes.  The most favorite one was:  "Knock-knock (Who's there?) Shelby. (Shelby Who?) Shelby comin' around the mountain when she comes!" - We heard that one over and over again, and the kids thought it was sooo funny.  They laughed every single time.  The runner up second favorite was "Knock-knock. (Who's there?) I eat mop..."  I think you can figure out the rest of that one.

Elsie, Winston and Hazel

Memory - Tom and Jeremy's competition with each other at the horseshoes.  Jeremy, Tom says you have no excuses now that you have your own pits to practice on.  : )

You look Mah-ve-lous Dah-ling!

Lillie's Tent

Memory - Playing basketball in the pool and trying to dunk Uncle Erik.  The boys had a blast with that one - not sure that it was a blast for Erik though!

Just hanging around

Memory - Uncle Josh's Early Morning Wake-ups!

Victoria and Hanna, returning from the pool

Memory - Winston going down the water slide, over and over and over and over... kinda like the energizer bunny.  He just kept going and going and going...

Mom, peeling the potatoes for the YUMMY stew!

Memory - Keaton sleeping on the hammock and waking at 3:00 a.m. to drive 9 hours home - All By Himself!

Elsie and Hanna helping Jude out with a snack

Memory - The boys trying to distract Kendall at horseshoes by saying things like "Chicken..." or "Turkey..."  (Kendall knows what that's all about.)

Elsie's hat!
And Shelby & Tyra, with a backside half-view of Violet

Hey Jude!

Memory - Kids on the computers at all hours - the hot game was 'SPORE'.  (Whatever that is).

Winston's Summer Obsession - the Titanic

Memory - sleeping on half-full air mattresses or the hard, hard ground - not so great, but we all survived.

Mom and her grandkids, gathered around the campfire

Memory - Uncle Nels's Jokes, and there were a lot of them!

Getting ready to go

It was another successful Chickmas family reunion.  It was so much fun!  Levi & Kadie and Alma & Melyni - we sure missed you guys!  Hope we can all be together next year.  It's going to be at our place again (Keaton's graduation).  Hint - there's a 'superhero' theme in the works, per Keaton's request.

No comments: