Thursday, September 1, 2011

What we've been up to...

Sunday picture of my boys

Here's the latest from our house...  Tom's stint as supervisor ended yesterday.  It was a good experience for him and he learned a lot by doing it.  Now he is looking forward to some time to work out and about on campus again.  The guy was just born to be outside.

Preston has started his sophmore year at WSU.  He's got quite a line-up of classes again.  Besides his geology courses, he's got calculus and chemistry.  There's another class in there somewhere, but I can't remember what it is.  Four classes and three labs keep him busy all week.  He's also working for the athletic department again this year, so he'll be watching the football field and keeping it safe tomorrow night.  Saturday is the WSU-Vandals kick-off game.  Woo-Hoo!

Keaton started his Senior year in high school.  He's the yearbook editor this year.  He is also going to be a camp counselor at Camp Grizzly for the third year in a row.  His advisor must really like him, most kids only get to do one year.  He finished his summer construction job a week before school started, so he got to have a little down time.  He's hoping to pick up some kind of employment during the school year.  He really wants to get a car - the Geo died and was sold - he's getting tired of putting gas in Dad's old-old-old-Oldsmobile.

Winston is a third grader now.  So far he's doing pretty good from what I hear.  He got new 'big people' hearing aid buds for his ears.  You can hardly tell he's wearing them.  We had his 9th birthday on Monday.  He had to remind me that it was his birthday (what kind of mother forgets her kids' birthdays?) He also told his Dad that because it was his birthday he was the boss of the house.  Thank goodness not much came up that needed bossing. 

I'm being a stay-at-home mom at the moment.  There weren't any jobs that came up this year with the school, so I wasn't hired back.  I'm still on the sub-list, so maybe some work will come my way.  I applied for a preschool position, but I haven't heard back from them.  It's kind of a blow to my self-esteem when I don't hear anything.  It seems like a business could at least call or e-mail you and say 'Thank you for your application.  We've filled the position but will keep you in mind if something comes up.'  I mean, really, how hard could that be?  Despite all that, I am enjoying my time at home.  I've been working on some much-needed organization.  Once I get that done, there are some projects I'd like to work on.  We'll see how things go. 

We've been attempting to take Senior pictures of Keaton.  He's a hard one to get good pictures of.  He's such a goof-face!  We always have to take twice as many of him to get half as much as the other boys.
 
I told him this is the one I'm going to turn in for his senior picture.
It would serve him right!

That's All Folks!

1 comment:

Kendall said...

At least he smiled good for the family picture. Asking to have another good picture is asking to much for Keaton. He still looks good with his silly face though.