I finally finished the throw rug I've been working on.
It's made out of old T-shirts and a little bit of fleece
(the blue parts).
It took me a bit longer to do than I thought it would. About 3 weeks and 2 1/4 books on tape. I listened to "Lovely Bones" and Stephenie Meyer's "Host". Now I'm listening to "Glass Castle". They've all been really good books. "Glass Castle" has a LOT of language in it, though. I have to make sure Winston is out of the room while I listen to it. But it is a good book... true story - those kids went through a lot!
It's supposed to go next to my bed,
but it looks good in front of the wood stove, too.
Hmmm.
The base of it was a t-shirt too. I just cut out a circle from the back of an old t-shirt. Then I cut strips from other t-shirts in the colors I wanted. The strips were then cut into long rectangles. On the base, I snipped little slits to feed the rectangles through - putting two ends of each back to back and feeding them through. It takes a lot of t-shirts. I probably used 7 large or XL mens shirts and one fleece pullover.
This is what the back looks like...
It's ready to use as it is, but I will probably go back with a needle and thread and tack each piece to the base so it won't come apart in the washing machine.
It's so SOFT! And only cost me a couple of dollars. Most of them are t-shirts we already had. I bought a couple more and the fleece at the Grandma Shop for 50 cents each. I think I'll make another one to put in front of the kitchen sink!



2 comments:
Way to go, Tracy! That's a lot of work. It looks awesome. I like the colors in it.
That is a lot of work! And it does look great! You'll have to make one for the dutch oven cook off door prizes! (hint, hint! :) I loved the Host. One of my favorite books. Lovely Bones was ok. I kind of liked the movie better.
Post a Comment