Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Progress is as progress does...

We have made progress... albeit slowly.
Tom got all the steps, kickboards and banister sanded.

He said we should hang whatever crazy person
decided to paint over all that wood.

I reminded him
it was two crazy people who made that call.

Ooooohh, freshly-sanded wood.
Just lovely!

Here I spared you the image of my large behind in my holey paint-stained work clothes.  I think the dress is kind of cute, if not stylish.

(Nels, maybe I could become a designer for your company!)

You can tell I wasn't too hip on having my picture taken (thanks alot Tom).  Look at my eyes - if looks could kill!

Last Coat of Poly!
Now all that's left is to sand, stain and poly the trim pieces and spindles.  We will do those out in the barn to avoid any more sawdust in the house.  It will also be easier on our backs and knees to do it there.

Next on the list of things to do:  cover this lovely new stairway with plastic so we can texture the walls.  The old plaster is showing some wear and tear, so we're mudding over it.  Hopefully that will work well.  It worked in our bedroom when we did it there.  It's one thing at a time, but we are making progress.

2 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Hahahahahahahahaaaa! I love your dress. That's so awesome. The staircase looks incredible. I'm so excited to see it finished! You two are nuts! Good nuts. :)

Nels Chick said...

You're hired!