Friday, February 24, 2012

My 'Bokeh' is Broken...

I've put off doing the #20 of the photo challenge.  Kendall informed me that it didn't mean 'broken' like we thought it did.  It's actually a photography term meaning 'to blur'.  In otherwords, a picture of something, with the background blurred.  Well, I don't know how to do this.  I'm waiting for my resident photographers to show me how to do it.  It will be a good learning experience for me.  In the meantime...

I've been cleaning the Bobo's room. (Bobo=Winston).  It's taken me three days to do it.  It's amazing what I've found as I've dug through everything he's packed in there.  He would be a prime candidate for the show "Hoarders".  So far I've filled two LARGE size garbage bags with - guess what?  GARBAGE!  He keeps everything from big cardboard boxes to little tiny washers and screws, bottle caps, wrappers... you name it, he's got it.  I even found some broken glass, ie: picture frames and drinking glass.  Everytime I walk in there I start to hyperventilate, there's so much stuff!  He really doesn't have all that many toys, so the toys are an easy clean-up.  It's all the other miscellaney that I've had to dig through and throw out.  I'm doing it while he's at school or else he'd be right there trying to rescue it all.  I'm getting closer to being done with it finally.

I'm also stripping the wallpaper trim off the stairway walls.  Tom is ready to put up the paneling, so the paper has to come off.  Not a fun job, kind of messy.  But it will be nice when it's done.  The panelling should last a LOT longer than the wallpaper did.

So as soon as I learn how to 'Bokeh' I'll be continuing on with the Photo Challenge.

Have a Good One!

2 comments:

Nels Chick said...

Do you have manual control over your camera settings?

If you can open your aperture as wide as it goes (f/2.8 ish) then focus on something close to the camera, and make sure there is a light of some sort in the background (Christmas lights or street light or whatever).

The big circle of out of focus light is the 'Bokeh' you're after.

katie said...

winston and matt are most certainly related!