Sunday, May 27, 2012

Boat-load of Sunday pictures...

Spring always seems to bring out the need for substitutes at school, so I've been really busy lately.  That's why my posts seem to be just weekly updates.  Today I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures this week, so I grabbed my camera and went for a picture run.  I hope you enjoy the results...
This is the flower bed Tom and I built last weekend.  That big rock in the middle was no small feat to move.  About a third of it is buried in the flower bed.  We had to strap it to the bucket on Tom's tractor to move it from the barn to the house.  I don't think it's going anywhere after this.

My newly-decorated laundry room.  I gave it a new paint job.  We moved the dogs out and built storage shelves in there.  It's a little bit more homey, and a lot cleaner than it was before.

Here's Sally with that crazy look in her eyes.
She's been a real wild-cat lately.  She likes to pounce on us by surprise and bite.  Most of the time it's just play bites and doesn't hurt.  Once in a while it feels like she's trying to rip my arm off.  We've been introducing her to the outdoors and the other animals.  She and Jelly-Bean get along great.  They romp and play on the front deck.  She isn't too fond of the dogs, though.  When she gets near Daisy, she hunches up and all her hair stands on end.  Then she hisses in this little tiny hiss and bounces back and forth, pouncing with all feet off the ground.  It's kind of funny to watch.  Daisy is actually intimidated by this show of resistance, even though she's five times bigger than Sally.

There's Mr. Good-Lookin'.  He's been checking things out in  the great outdoors.  His yard is his kingdom.


Winston, riding his bike without training wheels!  He just decided one day to not ride with training wheels anymore and hopped on his bike and took off.  We didn't have to help him or anything.  He's growing up!

Our two 'Old' hens, Lily and Rooster.  I don't know why she's named Rooster.  You'll have to ask Winston about that one.


Our little Daisy.  She looks kind of mad in this picture, but she isn't.  She's really been a good pup, except for the chewing.  We have to be careful to not leave our shoes outside, or else they become chew toys.  She even chewed up her doggie bed.

Here she is getting some lovin' from Daddy.

The new garden spot.  We moved it to the hillside next to the new doggie condo.  Our main objective was to keep the deer away from our garden at night.   So far it's working.  The dogs seem to be comfortable there, too, although it's taken Koko some time to get used to it.

Here's the baby chickens, almost all grown up.  We've started letting them out of their pen during the day.  Those black and white Barred Rock breed can really run!  It's hard to catch them.  They are also very very soft.  I really like the looks of them.  Tom's partial to the Rhode Island Reds.

I wanted to take some pictures of our new little pond and the goldfish we planted in it this week, but my camera's batteries ran out.  Tom brought home the goldfish on Thursday and set the bag in the pond so the water temperature could acclimate.  Then we let them loose - about 15 of them.  They went directly for the long grass growing next to the banks.  We catch glimpses of them every so often.  They're pretty small right now, but hopefully will get big enough to really see.  As long as they keep away from the raccoons, I think they'll be alright.

Preston seems to be doing well on his Utah trip.  We look forward to seeing him again Thursday night.  Keaton has been spending the weekend paint-balling and computer-gaming with friends.  It's his last weekend as a High Schooler and he's living it up.   For Memorial Day Tom, Winston and I are planning on going on a 14-mile bike ride.  Winston is very excited, he's been talking about it all week.  We are also looking forward to Graduation and Family Reunion next weekend.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY, EVERYONE!

No comments: