I had great plans for this next installment on my blog. I had some really cute pictures of Sally that I was going to post. Then Tom decided to do a touch-up on the living room and den floors. Thus, all of my furniture and my main computer are sitting out on the front porch. And my camera is sitting on a shelf across an expanse of wet and tacky polyurethaned floor. The real kicker is that Tom got impatient and put a second coat on before the first coat was completely set, so it cracked and mottled the shiney surface coat. Let me just say my husband is not a happy camper today, and I'm just trying to stay out of his way. He'll have to sand the floor down before re-coating it.
As for our 'silly' Sally kitty, she's been so much fun. She hates it when I sit down to read a book. She doesn't mind me sitting down if I'm going to hold her and give her attention. She just doesn't like me to read books. She will come running up and attack the book with a frenzy. Unfortunately, her sharp little teeth make connection with my fingers and I have to take action. She also likes to attack the broom when we sweep the floor. Other than that, she has been a really great kitten. We've enjoyed being entertained by her. She even got to take a nap next to Tom on the recliner today. I think he likes her too, even if he doesn't admit it.
Preston is getting ready to go on his field camp in Utah. He will leave on Monday. He had to buy new hiking shoes and camping gear for it. He'll have a great time! Keaton is finishing up his last weeks of school. He passed his Senior presentation, which was a very comical power point that showed what he has learned about computer graphics. Winston is in the midst of the state standardized tests. So far things seem to be going okay for him there. We did get notified that he was in a group of boys that is in trouble for bullying another student. We've been having some very serious talks about that with him. I think he's learning that he doesn't have to follow the crowd, especially when it comes to bullying.
Daisy dawg is doing well, too. She and Koko get along great. We're hoping she'll help keep the deer out of the garden. I haven't bonded so much with her, I think it's because she just isn't Rosie. I really bonded with Rosie, and it's hard to feel like that with another dog even if she looks alot alike. Tom is bonding with her though, so she's kind of become more his dog than mine. Winston likes her, but he seems more interested in Sally kitty. Daisy seems to be very teachable, though, so I think she'll be a good dog for us.
Well, that about covers it. I thought we were done with home improvements and I'd have my house back in order - but as you've read, it just keeps on going and going. In the meantime, I'm just going a little crazy.
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment