Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Written Viginettes from South Dakota...

I don't have any photos downloaded because we stayed in a campground without electricity or internet service last night.  We have it tonight, but in limited supply.  I'll see if photos can be downloaded at sometime while we are here.  Despite the no photos, there are a few little thoughts along the road I've wanted to post.  Here they are...

Last night at the lake where we spend the night: 

      Tom:  Look Winston, crawdads!
Winston:  Uh, yeah.
      Tom:  Let's catch some!
Winston:  I don't know.
      Tom:  It's easy, see - you just pick them up behind their
                 pinchers.  You try!
Winston:  Yeah, Dad... let's just look for frogs.


We drove through Sturgis on our way to Deadwood yesterday.  We passed a bunch of guys on motorcycles.  Winston exclaimed "Look, Mom, a herd of motorcycles!"  (Not a gang - a herd).

Today we saw Mt. Rushmore
or according to Winston - Mt. Mushroar.

After climbing the stairs and walking the trail at Mt. Rushmore in 90-plus degree heat, Winston exclaimed "I feel like I need a swim!"

So tonight, we are at the KOA in Hot Springs.  As I type, Winston is thoroughly enjoying the pool, and has been for about two hours now.

Until next time... Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Kendall said...

You guys sound like you are having so much fun. Winston is so funny, I love it, a herd of Motorcycles, so funny.