Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Easy Fall Craft


I really like to do crafts, especially seasonal ones.  I just haven't really had the time to do much of it the past few years.  By the time I drag all the stuff out to do it, then have to pack it all away when I'm done, it just doesn't seem worth the time.  So when I come across a quick and easy craft to do, I get pretty excited!

I wanted to make something that would have a 'fall' look to it for my table.  I bought the leave plate at the Grandma Shop and thought I could add a candle and something in fall colors to it.  I picked up the fabric leaves at Shopko for about a dollar for a whole bag - I didn't even need half of them for this.  I wanted to add some colored marbles, but I didn't want to spend money on them when I knew I had a ton of clear ones at home, so I came up with another idea...

I picked up some fall colored nail polish at Shopko for less than $2 for all three.  On Saturday Winston and I had fun painting the flat backs of  some of my clear marbles.  I figured red, orange and green make good fall colors.  Plus I can use the red and green ones to decorate at Christmas time.

The red ones were my favorite.  Winston liked the greens.

They dried pretty fast and I think it adds a little bit of shiney color to my tablescape.  Not too complicated, and only took about 20 minutes to do, drying time and all.  The nail polish, I put in my paint basket.  It might come in handy for other craft projects down the road.  I bet it could be used for 'faux' stained glass!

No comments: