Today when I got off work, Tom took me out on a date. The thing that makes this so special is that we hardly ever do things like this. There are so many other things that seem to take up our time and resources, that spending on ourselves isn't something we do often. So it was a real treat for us.
We went to the South Fork restaurant. Tom had been there a couple of times with the work crew, but I had never been there and always wanted to, so that's where we went. It has kind of an industrial/pub atmosphere and good food. We ran into a couple of our good friends, Mandy and Natasha, who were having lunch there too. Tom had a burger (of course) and I had southwest cilantro pasta. It was really, really, really good. For dessert we went to Sweet Mutiny and split a gluten-free coconut-pineapple cupcake and a dulce de leche frozen yogurt. (We aren't gluten free people, it's just that is my favorite cupcake from that store).
After getting dessert, we went for a drive out into the countryside. We found a glorious spot, where someone had a cabin on the side of a hill that overlooked the whole valley that was covered in snow. It was a beautiful view. I told Tom, I thought I could live there. Then we drove around some more and found a nature reserve we didn't know about. The road was pretty snowpacked, so we will go back in the spring or summer and do some hiking around there.
Then we went back into town to see if Keaton wanted a ride home from work - since Preston had a late class tonight. Keaton decided he was working late, so we didn't have to take him home. We went into a used book store that is next-door to where Keaton works. That place was packed! With about every kind of book! It's definitely a place I will be going back to! While there, I perused the 75% off rack and found a huge old King James version bible. It has a leather cover/binding and loads of reference pages and maps inside of it. It was published in the 1930's. It was only $4, so I took it home with me. I'm looking forward to looking through it and reading it.
After that we headed home where Marcia was taking care of Winston for us. He was pretty much oblivious to our absence. Tonight he has all of his houses, cars and little people out on the rug on the floor of the living room. I sure hope he puts it all back when he's done. I've been working on another rag-rug for the kitchen, so that's probably how I will end the day.
This is probably a very boring post. But I had a very good day. Nice to have those!
1 comment:
Sounds wonderful!!
Post a Comment