Saturday, March 16, 2013

Shadow Boxing

Ha-Ha!  I bet you thought this post was about me releasing frustration and tension, huh!  Actually, what I've done is pretty much close to the same thing.

This time of year gets me in a funk, so I like to do some 'springy' things as a pick-me-up.  I found this idea on a blog and I thought it was really cute and fun.

I just happened to have a separated shelf (shadow-box sort of thing) so that worked out great!  It was a lot of fun to put together, and cheers me up whenever I see it.

I always enjoy doing the 'Irish' thing to celebrate mine and Tom's family roots.  The boys enjoy it too - they actually like corned beef.  Cabbage, not so much.  But we do the whole shebang! 

 So dinner tonight will be Corned Beef and Cabbage,  Irish Stew, Colcannon (potatoes, cabbage and peas mixed together) & Irish Soda Bread.  I'm not doing the green jello this year - I'm just not in a green jello kind of mood.

I am, however, making those yummy Irish Cream Cheesecake-Brownie thingy's that my sister Kendall temptingly posted on facebook.  How could I not!  The best of all is that Preston is going to help me cook!  Woo-Hoo!

The buffet is the perfect setting for my little shadow box.  I even threw a couple of bunnies in since Easter hits us in March this year.  A holiday double-whammy!

Now I have to think up some things to put in it for April.  I'm thinking umbrellas and flowers.  I wonder what else will show up?

Hmmmmmmm.

No comments: