Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hollow-een

 
This is about the extent of my Halloween-ness this year...
I cooked a spooky dinner.
Skeleton bones (french fries), Mummy Dogs (aka pigs-in-a-blanket), Werewolf tongue poppers (pepperoni wrapped in bread dough), Goblin Ears (peaches) and the all time favorite Witches Fingers (dill pickles).
 
Winston loved the witches fingers - he chowed down on them and probably ate two-hands worth.
 
Like I said, this was about the extent of my abilities this year.  I can't seem to be as organized as I used to be.  Tom asked me this evening if I'd gotten Winston's costume made.  Uh... costume?  Oh yeah, I was supposed to make a costume.  Winston decided he wanted to be a Mindcraft Creeper, so at the last minute I found a box, we cut holes in it and he decorated it with markers.  Hows that for a costume?

Works for me!
He was happy with it too.
Isn't he a cute creeper?
 
Keaton likes to dress up for Halloween, too.  He dressed up for a day of work and college.  Can you tell what he is?
He's a Newsie - or Newsey - or Newsee...
I don't remember how it's spelled - I know, terrible huh.
Actually, 'Newsies' is Keaton and Preston's favorite musical.  Trenton admitted to liking some of the songs from it too.
It's probably the only one they like.
He's a cute Newsie... or Newsey... or whatever.

Here's Preston.  His costume is...
..."I've been awake for almost 36 hours after doing an overnight security shift for Martin Stadium - in which I had to keep drunk college kids off the football field.  Now leave me alone and let me eat in peace."
 
Actually, he looked like he was doing pretty good for having next to no sleep.
 
Here's Trenton's Halloween costume...
It's the "Hey, I just walked in the door from football practice and I need a shower before you start taking a bunch of pictures" costume.
He looks great, doesn't he!
 
That's about it for us - this is as festive as we get.
Tom just took Winston out to get some treats.  In our house, all Halloween candy is community property.  We anxiously await what the little Creeper will be bringing home to us.
 
OooOoOooh, Happy Hollow-een!

No comments: