Friday, September 5, 2014

Alrighty-then...

 
Every so often I finally find time to download the photos from my camera into my hard drive.  A lot of times I find interesting pictures (like the one above) taken by Winston that I was totally unaware of.  Can't wait to show this one to his first girlfriend!
 
School is back in session in full swing.  Winston started his sixth grade year and so far things are going well.  My position at the school became a continuing position, so I was guaranteed work at the school this year.  That's a first.  To start off I was asked to work with a kindergarten child in a wheelchair.  I gave it my best shot, but by day two I knew that job was just not for me.  Thankfully one of the other ladies at the school wanted that job, so she took it and I was able to move into her position - which is almost a full-time position with benefits.  Yay!  I can finally start building a retirement!  I'll be doing a lot of recess time and helping out in the resource room working with kids who need extra help with their classwork.  I'm looking forward to the bigger paychecks!
 
Preston is finishing up his college career.  He was hired back on by the athletic department again.  He was going to take this semester off, but buying a car changed his mind.  Rachael will be moving into her new apartment this weekend.  We probably won't see much of Preston after that.  The kids are moving on with their lives.
 
Another Winston masterpiece - with help from a certain cousin.
 
Keaton is still working for the CUB as a graphic design assistant.  He let his IT job go so he could devote more time to what he is studying and build his portfolio up.  He's been involved with several graphic projects that will be a part of campus for years to come.  He is also involved in a design/media club.  Since he bought his car, we really don't see much of him anymore.  Between school, work, his club and spending time with Dorie, he keeps pretty busy.
 
Tom has been a whirlwind this year.  It seems more and more he just can't sit still and finds all kinds of things to do.  He's built a new ramp to the loft of the barn, a shed for his stacks of scrap wood and today he gravelled the area in front of the barn.  Tomorrow he plans to lay gravel down the driveway.  All of this has been done in the last three weeks.
 
For Labor Day weekend we had a housefull.  Our good friends from high school, Kim & Rob Vowell & Donna Coyle and Jim Scott came to spend the weekend.  Jim brought a friend, Selina, and his son Nate with him.  Kim & Rob's kids Kris with his family, and Robyn with his girlfriend came too.  We were also joined on Saturday by Nels & Rachel and our little Chickies, along with their Grandma & Grandpa Moon.  We all had a great time!  Aunt Rachel and the girls made the most adorable pony for Winston.  It is a replica of a fictional 'pony' made up by Winston and the girls. He loves it!  It is sooooo cute! 
 
That about sums up what is going on with us for now.

EYE'LL BE SEEING YOU LATER, ALLIGATOR!

No comments: