Monday, January 26, 2015

An Update & probably TMI...

 
Well, first off...
 
Our dear Koko passed away this evening.  She was getting pretty old and frail.  I sat with her for quite a while this evening, giving her as much love as I could and telling her it was okay for her to go.  We knew she wasn't going to last through the night.  Finally I had to get up and stretch my legs, and Tom was with her when she passed.  She was a great family dog, loved by all of us.  She also had a good life, living the farm-dog life.  She was the fastest running dog I'd ever seen!  We're so sad, but are relieved that she is not going to suffer anymore.
 
In other news...
 
After graduation, Preston was able to get some temporary work at the college doing some demolition for a new workout facility in one of the dorms.  They have enough work to keep him busy full-time for about the next three months.  Just enough to give him time to apply for work in his field.  He's applied for a couple of positions but hasn't heard anything yet.
 
Not much has changed with Keaton.  He's still working for the CUB and going to classes.  He made a You-tube video with his Uncle Nels' and Dorie's help.  It's pretty cute.  It's called the 'Plastic Chef'.  You should check it out when you get the chance.
 
Winston is growing out of everything.  I bought some new pants for him at Christmas and a week later they didn't fit.  He is in the small end of the adult men's jeans now.  Also wearing a size 9 men's shoe!  Bah!  I can't keep up with that kid!!!  His voice is starting change and it's been kind of funny when a random squeak comes out when he talks excitedly.  Ready or not, my baby is growing up.
 
I recently had a new experience.  Here's where the TMI comes in... I'd been experiencing some pain in my side for a few years, and the last year seemed to be getting worse.  My doc ran some tests and a CT scan and nothing showed up - which is good, but still having the pain, not good.  So he sent me in for a colonoscopy - yuk!  The worst part was spending a whole day prepping for it.  I won't go into the gory details.  The procedure, itself, was a piece of cake.  They knocked me out and I had a nice nap.  Good news, I got a clean bill of health.  Bad news, still pain.  The doc said that if nothing is wrong with the plumbing, it's probably the wiring.  He thinks it's the nerves acting up, which means changing the diet again.  Funny thing - I thought eating apples was supposed to be healthy.  I have been eating a lot of apples and yogurt.  Evidently both are not a good match for my gut.  I'm hoping some changes in what I eat helps.  Hopefully I didn't gross you out too much with that little story.
 
Tom's still doing great.  We made a trip to Bend to visit his grandparents last weekend.  It was nice to see them again.  I also got to do a little shopping at the outlet malls.  Again - not for me, but for Winston.  He's back in jeans and shoes again for the short-time-being.
 
Well, that's about it for now.
Until next time...
 
Kow-a-bunga Dudes!

No comments: