This year's family reunion was at the Oregon Coast. My brother Levi & his wife, Kadie, were nice enough to find a great big house for the whole family to stay in. We had a great view of the ocean and just a short drive down to the beach. The kids had a blast running, laughing and playing together. It was really great to get to see everyone. It's the only time we all get to be together at once. I hope the tradition will continue for many years to come. I love my family, love getting to be with them during these times - and even though we all have our own ways of doing things and seeing things in this world and this life - my love and respect for all in our family will never change. I'm thankful for my parents and grandparents, who have made great efforts for all of us in present times and in times past. I'm thankful for my brothers and sisters and their spouses and the fact that it is important to them to do what it takes to keep close as a family. I'm thankful for my little nieces and nephew and the joy they bring to us all. What a wonderful thing it is to be together - even if it is only for a day. Monday, June 23, 2008
4th Annual Chick Reunion
This year's family reunion was at the Oregon Coast. My brother Levi & his wife, Kadie, were nice enough to find a great big house for the whole family to stay in. We had a great view of the ocean and just a short drive down to the beach. The kids had a blast running, laughing and playing together. It was really great to get to see everyone. It's the only time we all get to be together at once. I hope the tradition will continue for many years to come. I love my family, love getting to be with them during these times - and even though we all have our own ways of doing things and seeing things in this world and this life - my love and respect for all in our family will never change. I'm thankful for my parents and grandparents, who have made great efforts for all of us in present times and in times past. I'm thankful for my brothers and sisters and their spouses and the fact that it is important to them to do what it takes to keep close as a family. I'm thankful for my little nieces and nephew and the joy they bring to us all. What a wonderful thing it is to be together - even if it is only for a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL! At first I thought you had a typo when you said that you love your nieces and nephew --- then I realized that you're right!!! :) LOL! Look at all those cute little Chickies! :)
It was SO great to see you and your family, Tracy! We love you all so much! I wish that we could spend more time together --- but life is what it is! Seriously, we would love to have your boys come down and spend some time with us whenever they'd like! It would be so fun! Keep it in mind as you all decide what you're doing for Senior projects - or even just a nice little vacation!
I'd love any of the pictures that you got --- particularly of our family! -- Somehow our camera never makes it out often enough! :) Hope to see you all again soon!
I'm so emotional now a days. We had such a great time seeing you, your family and every one. I already can't wait until next year. Hopefully I won't feel so crummy.
I love that Shelby is patting Elsie on the head in the picture.
Finally figured out a little "more" about these blogs!! Love the photo of the chickies -- my little grandkids (even you, Preston and Keaton!!!!) Thank you, Tracy. You probably will never realize in this life how much you mean to your parents and siblings. You are the glue that keeps us all together lots of times!!
Post a Comment