Thursday, March 25, 2010

WEASEL BOY!

Warning: This story is a little bit graphic... our dog dragged a dead weasel into the yard the other day. It wasn't a big weasel, just a little bigger than a mouse. It had been dead for a while. Tom tried to dispose of it by throwing it into the bushes with a shovel. Two days later, the dog dragged it back onto the patio.
.
That is the day Winston noticed it. He came in all excited about the 'Dead Weasel'! Preston happened to be home, so Winston was telling us all about it, using his whole body in his excitement to explain that there was a 'Dead Weasel' outside! Of course we already knew about it, it was kind of hard to miss as you walk in the back door. We heard him out, though, and kept our laughter at bay as best as we could.
.
About that time the UPS man drove up, delivering a part for our furnace. Winston dashed outside and as soon as the truck stopped, he promptly told the UPS man "Be careful! There's a dead weasel over there! Don't step on it!" And the UPS man, of course, said "Oh, okay, I won't." and handed the package to Winston. Winston's attention was then changed to the package and he said "Oh, is it for me? What is it?" And he turned around and started running toward the house saying "I have to open it." And he started running toward the back door.
.
As he turned and started running I noticed that his trajectory was headed straight for the weasel. I noticed he was looking only at the box in his hands, and as he got closer to the weasel, I said "Winston, don't step on the weasel!" and about that time, he stepped right on the weasel's head! He let out a little scream-laugh... Preston and I were laughing so hard it was a wonder we were still standing. It was only seconds after he told the UPS man not to step on the weasel!
.
He's pretty embarrassed... his brothers keep calling him the weasel boy. Thank goodness for Dad, who came home and again grabbed the shovel and this time got rid of the weasel for good. And thank goodness Winston is only seven and won't understand yet that his mother has posted this for everyone else to read - but it's a really good and funny story, even though it's a little gross. We love the entertainment Winston provides us with every day!

2 comments:

Melyni + Alma said...

hehehe!!! Good story!! Only wish I was there to witness it with my own eyes, though I was laughing pretty hard while reading!

Anonymous said...

Funny!!! :)