Thursday, September 2, 2010

1st Day of School

Winston getting off the bus...

I'll admit that I wasn't 'all together' on the first day of school.  I didn't get a picture of Winston before school, so I caught him getting off the bus instead.  It was pretty funny, though, that morning when the bus came.  Rosey wasn't sure about what was going on.  When Winston got on that big yellow bus and it drove down the road she came 'unglued'.  She started barking and whining and just carrying on something awful.  She even went down the driveway like she was going to follow the bus.  I had to call her back to the house.  She didn't like that thing taking her boy away!
What a sweet homecoming!  When Winston got home that afternoon, Rosey was SO glad to see him!  First on the agenda for Winston (after dropping his coat and backpack at the door) was to romp through the weeds with Rosey - just like the good old summertime days.  Rosey has come to terms with that big yellow bus now.  She seems to understand that it will eventually bring her boy back.

I didn't get any pictures of the older boys on their first days of school.  Keaton leaves so early for Jazz Band that I'm barely even awake.  These early mornings are tough with no caffeine.  Preston is settling into his school routine.  He catches a ride with Dad a couple of days a week.  They often have lunch together at the college.  He is really enjoying his Geology and World Civ class.  The Public Speaking and Math are just okay.  Most of his homework is on-line, so most evenings this is what we get to see of Preston:

On Winston's first day of school he made a little booklet called "All about Me".  There were some really cute things he wrote in it.  This one was the funniest:
I think he meant "No Peas".  The boy takes after his father!

No comments: