Thursday, August 4, 2011

Winter Garden - Three Thumbs Up


I just finished this book today.  It was an excellent read, definitely worth the time.  It's about two sisters and their mother, and their disfunctional relationship.  In the end, they find out that what they always believed is not what the reality is.  And the reality is far beyond anything they would have imagined.  At first I wasn't sure I would like this story - I couldn't see myself wanting to read about these women and their problems.  But as I kept reading, with a little bit of 'fairy tale'-like story telling in it, I got caught up in it. Warning, it is a tear-jerker.  There was also some strong language in it, but if you can overlook that part it's definitely worth reading.  I also learned a little bit of Russian history that I didn't know much about.  I give it a "Three Thumbs Up" and definitely recommend this read.

No comments: