I was called in to sub for two days last week. On the first day, after getting home from a CRAZY day with grade-school kids, I was just settling down to the computer with a Diet Coke. Then Winston came walking in and said "Mom, Grandma and Grandpa Chick's here." I knew Mom was coming the next week, so I told Winston, "No, Grandma will be here next week." To which he promptly replied, "No, they're here now - on the motorcycle." Okay, that was enough to convince me - 'motorcycle' being the magic word. Sure enough, they popped in for a surprise visit on their way to visit Nels & Rachel's family. We had a great visit!
Not long after they arrived, Winston shang-hi'ed Grandma into playing 'Pirates' with him out by the barn. He was the Captain and she was the First Matey. They had all kinds of adventures, swordfights, getting away on the motorboat and looking for those 'Bad Knights' who burned down their village.
But mostly, Winston had Grandma swabbing the deck.
When they got ready to leave, Winston loaded up on his 'Motorcycle' and was ready to follow them out.
We look forward to more surprise visits!




2 comments:
Those are great pictures!
I'm glad Grandma could be there to man the canyons.
Post a Comment