Last week we finally got our new heat pump put in. It's pretty convenient to just set the thermostat and not have to drag pellets to the wood stove. But this heat pump is doing a heck of a job! We've all been toasty warm. It seems to keep the house a lot warmer than the stove did. We started off setting the thermostat to 72 degrees and we all just about fried. Now it's set at 67 and we still are plenty warm. Even the attic stays comfortable. I like it, but wonder what our electric bill will look like.
In other news, Tom was loaned a 'toy' from a friend. It's a backhoe and blade, so he's been out playing in the dirt. Winston has been helping him. I went to help Winston with his coat for school and noticed how dirty it was. I told him he had to wear something else so I could wash it. When I took it to the laundry room to wash it, I noticed it was heavier than usual so I reached into the pockets and there were hand-fulls of dirt, and a rusty wheel in there! I'm glad I checked the pockets! I also went to stack his rubber boots and one tipped over and a whole buch of dirt came out onto the floor, so I checked the other one... yep, you could grow potatoes in those boots! I'll be glad when this playing in the dirt is over.
Preston is getting down to the end of the semester at WSU. He had his last stint as stadium babysitter last Friday. After Thanksgiving break it will be the crunch to get ready for finals. He's hoping to get Calculus out of the way and to never have to see it again.
Keaton is plugging along. I think he's getting ready to move on with life. Dad and I seem to get on his nerves a little bit and I can just see him rolling his eyes like "Do I really have to put up with this?" You know, he's 18 and he knows everything. We love him though, and I don't know what we'll do when he does decide to move on.
I gave up on my sewing machine. It takes a loooong time to sew things by hand, but it's a whole lot less aggravation. Tom asked if I needed a new sewing machine and I told him it would just be a waste of money because I wouldn't be able to get along with it either. I'm just going to have to stick with non-sew crafts. Mostly I've been trying to muck out this house. It doesn't help having a son who likes to collect everything from rusty wheels to toads and in large quantities at that. Well, here's to another week...

1 comment:
I'm glad that you guys are warm. :) I thought it was funny to read your post and then look out the window and see the massive snow storm that just decided to hit Sandpoint. :) We're really looking forward to seeing you guys next week. Let me know if you need any help with your sewing machine. I'd love to. Also, a good sewing machine can make all the difference in the world. I hate sewing on a machine that jams and breaks thread and just generally doesn't run properly.
Post a Comment