Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Homeless...

...well... really, roomless.

Tom decided on his Winter Doldrums Project and the winner was our bedroom.  So for the time being, we've taken posession of the Castle while the construction progresses.
Here he has dismantled the closet he put in 10 years ago.

Next off came the carpet and wood trims.  I've decided that carpet on the floors is just plain nasty - and that was just with 10 year's worth of wear.  I'm definitely a hardwood floor kind of gal now.

Had to rip the wall out from behind the closet.  The old lathe and plaster was falling apart and in need of repair.  So it got an update with new sheet rock.

The sheet rock is up!

Next on the list is to get it taped and textured, wood trims sanded, stained and poly'ed.  Then sand, stain and poly the floor.  Finally some paint and we'll be good to go.  Tom's also planning on building a couple of armoires to make up for the lack of closet. I don't think he will be bored this winter.  And I get to feel like a princess in Winston's Castle Room - Woo Hoo!

No comments: