I finally found a good use for Tom's tractor.
Saturday was such a lovely spring day, I decided it was time to do some much needed up-dating in my flower beds. Last fall, Tom had taken the old tractor-tire planter out and just dumped the fill dirt in it's place- flower bulbs and all. So there are a lot of surprises coming up in unexpected places in my flower bed.
I also decided to build it up with a rock wall surrounding it. Tom's tractor saved me hours of back-breaking work hauling rocks in the wheelbarrow. Those rocks are really heavy rocks too!
The tractor was also a big help with the clean-up. Tom and Winston got in on some of that to help me out. They are awesome!
Just load-er-up and find a place to dump all the dead stuff.
When we put in the new heat pump last fall, Tom put the outdoor part right on top of my lily flower bed. I wondered where the skunk lillies got put. I don't have to wonder anymore. They have come up bright and strong, right in the middle of my front flower bed. Not really where I wanted them as their aroma isn't the best, but for now it will do.
Preston took this picture of my Primroses. They survived the winter very well, probably because they were protected by an over-grown Lilac tree. I think I'll have to get some more of these, the colors are so nice and bright!
There's still some more clean-up to do, but it's coming along. It's kind of like a blank canvas. I'll have to decide what to put in the bare spots. Even though I'm no green-thumb, this should be fun.



No comments:
Post a Comment