My New Wheels!
Actually, I've had it for about a month, but it's finally getting nice enough outside to actually ride it. Yes, the patio still needs some cleaning. Tom is doing that as we speak (or as I type). It should be nice and clean in about 15 minutes - with the aide of the pressure washer.
The remodel on the house just keeps on going, and going, and going. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Yesterday Tom and I were squabbling like hens at each other over silly little things. I think it's starting to get to us. We are progressing slowly. I didn't think I would ever get so tired of painting - it's one of my favorite things to do- but I'm ready to hang up my brush, I think. Tom's experiencing some soreness in his right arm. He's finding that his body just won't keep up with what his mind wants to do around here. I've already come to that conclusion for myself a long time ago. Anyway, we're to the point of hanging panels and finishing off the trim in the family room. There's just a lot of little things that need to be completed too. It will happen, one of these days we'll have our house back to normal.
Last Tuesday we celebrated Preston's 20th birthday!
Poor kid had school and work that day, but in the evening we let him relax. He wanted a vanilla Texas sheetcake for his birthday cake. For his birthday dinner we had biscuits and gravy - his favorite. He got a new lamp, a new watch and a 'zipper' tie for gifts. He was really excited about the zipper tie - no more trying to figure out how to tie a noose around his neck anymore.
Keaton has been a bit absent around here lately. He's been spending some time with friends off and on, in between band trips and popping in here at home from time to time. Latest news on his front - he's decided not to take the security job on the East Coast! Yay! I am happy about that - and no, I didn't influence his decision. He came to it on his own. He and a friend investigated it further and decided it just wasn't going to be logistical for them, along with all the prep that needs to be done to be ready for college next fall. They also found they wouldn't be making as much money as was presented to them. So, after graduation he's back on the job hunt again. Hopefully he can find something at the college or here in town.
Lastly, anyone who knows Winston knows he's a big Titanic fanatic. So with the 100-year anniversary of the ship sinking, Winston couldn't let the day pass without doing something. He decorated the living room with pictures of Titanic, got all his books on it out, and his model ship. We found a documentary at the library, so we watched it. He called it a celebration. I tried to get him to call it a memorial, but no - a Titanic celebration is what we had. I think I made it mostly through the video - I fell asleep somewhere near the end. Now he can move on to his next obsession - whatever that will be.
Have a Great Day!



No comments:
Post a Comment