I woke this morning at around 1:45 from a somewhat scary dream...
I was dreaming that I was a teenager again, and staying at my Grandparents' farm house. It was just my brother Erik and I there, hanging out like we used to when we stayed the summers and moved irrigation pipes for Grandpa. I was in the kitchen and I heard a loud roar coming from the front driveway. I looked out the window and there was this ENORMOUS grizzly bear sitting out on the front sidewalk.
He was ANGRY. He was roaring, and thrashing his head around, and carrying on like crazy. My dogs were there too - the dogs I have now in real life. They were going crazy-barking too. So I started banging on the window trying to get the bear to leave. It wasn't working. I called Erik over, and we decided we were going to get Grandpa's gun and shoot at it to try to get it to leave. We opened the window, got the gun pointed out - and the bear started leaving, but was still roaring - LOUDLY.
Then I woke up.
To Tom's face, right in my face, and he was snoring as loud as he's ever snored. Maybe louder. It took some maneuvering to get him to quit - because there was no way I was getting back to sleep with that racket going on! He did finally quit, and I did finally get back to sleep - for a couple of hours anyway. I think his snores could scare a grizzly bear!
THE END

1 comment:
So funny! Thanks for that!!
Post a Comment